terça-feira, 1 de dezembro de 2009

Polanski's temptation III

.........................MIRROR.CO.UK..........................................................Samantha Geimer, aged 45
25 July 2005

EXCLUSIVE: POLANSKI RAPED ME WHEN I WAS 13 .. HE IS A CREEP

EXCLUSIVE: WE FIND GIRL DIRECTOR DRUGGED AND ABUSED

From Ryan Parry, US Correspondent On Kauai Island, Hawaii

DRUGS, champagne, a hot tub and an evening of depraved sex. Nothing out of the ordinary for Hollywood's enfant terrible Roman Polanski.

Except that on this particular evening, the movie director's victim was just 13 years old.

She was Samantha Geimer, an aspiring model Polanski had earlier photographed topless before drugging, raping and sodomising her in a case that shocked America.

Which explains why Samantha is bewildered that the director has just won £50,000 in a High Court libel action against Vanity Fair after the magazine claimed he made sexual advances to a woman on the day of his murdered wife Sharon Tate's funeral.

"Polanski is a very arrogant, self-important, creepy old man," says Samantha, now a married mum-of-three who lives with husband David.

Speaking exclusively to the Mirror at her home in Hawaii, the 39-year-old continues: "The libel case makes no sense. I really couldn't understand why he took out the lawsuit in the first place.

Surely a man like this hasn't got a reputation to tarnish?

"He took sex from me and my innocence. I don't think it occurred to him that someone wouldn't want sex with him."

Polanski, who was 43 at the time, violated the youngster eight years after losing pregnant Sharon in the brutal 1969 slaying by the Charles Manson "family".

SAMANTHA'S ordeal began after Polanski met her mother at an LA restaurant and showed a professional interest in the girl. Mother and daughter were thrilled.

It was a fine February day in 1977 when Polanski drove up to their California home in his rented Mercedes. Samantha's mother showed him into the living room.

Then 13-year-old Sam walked in with her pet bird and her dog. Polanski suggested they walk into the hills for a few photos.

"It was just him and me. He took some standard pictures but when I changed clothes he continued to take photos," Samantha says. "He took top-less pictures of me but it all seemed very professional and I did as I was told."

Two weeks later Polanski turned up at the house again. He told Samantha he was taking her to see a friend and they drove to his friend Jack Nicholson's house. "It was exciting," says Samantha. "My girlfriend was supposed to come along as my chaperone but at the last minute Polanski said it would be better if she didn't come. She went home and Mom didn't realise I was on the shoot alone."

At the mansion Polanski got to work. The teenager was impressed by house in its fabulous position overlooking the city, although Nicholson was away skiing.

Samantha was thirsty so Polanski found a bottle of champagne and opened it by the pool.

She remembers: "He took shots of me everywhere. He was taking pictures and topping up my glass constantly." After four or five glasses Samantha was tipsy. Soon he was photo-graphing her nude in a whirlpool bath. Then Polanski stripped off and joined her.

"That was when it turned," says Samantha. "He said 'come here', put his arm around me and touched me on the shoulders.

"I realised I had put myself in a bad situation. I got scared and said I had asthma and couldn't breathe. I said I had to get out of the tub.

"As quick as I could get out of that Jacuzzi I got out. He was older and I didn't think it right we should be hanging out in the tub."

Polanski tried to comfort her. He told her to take half a tablet of the drug Quaalude - a powerful sedative - claiming it would help her asthma, before suggesting she move into the bedroom to sit down.

"We sat on the sofa and that's when it happened," says Samantha. "He started kissing me, I protested but then just submitted. I'd been drinking and was too frightened to push him off - he was a famous guy, he was intimidating. We were alone and it was pitch-black. I was scared. I knew what he was gonna do - and I didn't want him to do it.

"All I could think was let's get through this and I can get home. I just froze up." Polanski had intercourse with Samantha, performed oral sex and sodomised her. He then drove her home saying: "Don't tell your mum or your boyfriend, this is our little secret."

Back at her house, Samantha ran to her room while Polanski charmed her mum. It was not until much later she found out what really happened. Samantha's mother overheard a telephone conversation in which her daughter told her boyfriend about the rape.

Polanski, who won an Oscar for The Pianist in 2003, was arrested and spent 45 days behind bars.

His six charges including unlawful sex with a minor and forcible rape and in a bizarre twist the trial was set for August 9, the eighth anniversary of Sharon Tate's death. In fact, it was never held.

A friend of Polanski's overheard the judge vow to put him away for "100 years" and the director fled the US never to return.

Last week he testified in the Vanity Fair case by video link from a studio at the five-star Crillon Hotel in Paris. Polanski dare not set foot on British soil in case he is extradited back to the States.

For Samantha's husband David the whole affair is very simple: "Every time Polanski comes up in conversation I get angry inside, that man makes my skin crawl."

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário